Hands-on Crown Lengthening Cadaver Course
Out of stock
Peter Shatz, DDS, FICD, FICOI
Dr. Shatz was an Assistant Clinical Professor of Periodontics at the Georgia Regents University in Augusta, Georgia, from 1996-2012. He has lectured nationally and internationally on topics of periodontics and dental implantology. He has numerous journal articles, textbook chapters, textbooks and has contributed extensively to the literature available on these topics.
Registration: 7:30 am
Course: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided
Location: Ritz Carlton, 801 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230
CE: 8 Participation Credits
Limited to 20 Participants
This course will aid the clinician in providing advanced level care for deficiencies of the clinical crown. A comprehensive review of the diagnosis and treatment planning of clinical and anatomic crown defects or deficiencies will be the central focus of the course. The use of multiple approaches using clinically proven procedural guides and review technique selection for various clinical scenarios will prepare the clinician for success in their private practice. This will range from the management of cusp fracture to “gummy smiles”. The attendees will also have a unique opportunity to apply this new knowledge on fresh frozen cadavers.
- Keys for successful clinical crown lengthening
- Informed consent
- Techniques for soft tissue and combined hard & soft tissue crown lengthening
- Management of complications
- Current clinical research findings
This workshop is suitable for clinicians with or without surgical experience. This course will provide you with the principles of hard and soft tissue surgery necessary to plan and carry out crown lengthening procedures, or enough information to enhance your ability to diagnose these defects and make the correct referrals to specialist care.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy, biology and wound healing of alveolar soft tissue.
- Understand the diagnosis, guidelines and treatment plan for clinical crown length defects.
- Describe the predictable manipulation, incision design and suturing techniques.
- Recognize, manage and prevent complications with crown lengthening.
Corporate Sponsor: Salvin Dental Specialties and Friendship Dental Laboratories